Updated: January 11, 2021
Introduction. This website, www.packratoc.com, (the “Website”) permits users like you to purchase products (“Products”), in accordance with the terms of these Terms and Conditions (the “Agreement”).
(a) Please read this Agreement carefully. This Agreement is a legally binding agreement between you (“you” or “your”) and Pack Rat Outdoor Center (“Pack Rat” “we” or “our” or “us””).
(b) The effective date of this Agreement (the “Effective Date”) is the date you first use the Website. By using the Website, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you choose to accept this Agreement, you must do so as written, without modification. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Website immediately. You agree that by using the Website, such use constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement and your agreement to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement as an individual or on behalf of your employer. Pack Rat Outdoor Center and you are individually, a “party” and collectively, the “parties.”
(c) You agree that any purchase of products from us, whether through the website, or our retail store, shall be governed by this Agreement.
Updates to this Agreement. Pack Rat Reserves the right to amend the website and the terms of this agreement in its discretion from time to time. You are responsible for monitoring the website for changes to this agreement. Pack Rat may, but is not obligated to, offer upgrades, updates, and improvements to the Website, and to add or discontinue any Products at any time.
(a) You may only use the Website and purchase Products for legal purposes (the “Purpose”).
(b) You shall not use the Website or Products: (i) to harass, intimidate, embarrass, or threaten any person, (ii) for any illegal, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or illegal purpose, or (iii) in a manner that violates any laws, rules, or regulations.
(c) You shall not copy, modify, creative derivate works of, or reverse engineer, in whole in or part, Pack Rat’s (i) Website, including its components or contents, in whole or part, (ii) Products, or (iii) trademarks, service marks, trade dress, patents, patents pending, copyrights, and other intellectual property, including, without limitation, photographic images (the foregoing in (a) – (c) collectively, the “Intellectual Property”).
(d) Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, Pack Rat does not grant you any license or ownership rights, including in the Intellectual Property, and all rights not expressly granted by Pack Rat to you under this Agreement are expressly reserved to Pack Rat.
Change and Cancellation Policy. If you order the wrong product(s), you may change your order up until the time the order is shipped. Once an order has been shipped, if you wish to change an item you must follow the guidelines in the Returns and Exchanges section below. If you would like to cancel your order you may do so up until the time the order has shipped. Once an order has been shipped, you must follow the guidelines in the Returns and Exchanges section below. You can contact us about a change or cancellation using the contact form and/or telephone number listed in the “contact us” section of the Website. If you choose to send an e-mail, use “order change” or “order cancellation” in your email subject line to improve the chance that the change or cancellation can be implemented before the order ships. Pack Rat Outdoor Center cannot guarantee that a cancellation or exchange will be completed before the order is shipped. We recommend calling during our business hours (located in the “contact us” section of the website) to address any order issues quickly.
Payment. Credit Card Orders. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. By ordering with a credit card, you agree that you are authorized to use such credit card and, if there is a billing dispute, to handle any billing disputes directly with us.
Pack Rat Outdoor Center reserves the right to request identification for any purchases of any kind. No customer shall be obligated to provide identification, however, failure to provide requested information may result in the cancellation of the order. If the order is cancelled, charges to the credit card used will be voided or refunded.
(a) We ship using United States Postal Service, and charge a flat rate of $10 for any orders under $100. Orders $100 or more ship for free. Some items are not eligible for shipping and are in-store pickup only. Large items may be excluded from free shipping even if the order is over $100.
(b) Address Verification. Orders that are placed with a ship to address that is not authorized by the credit card issuer may be subject to shipping delays, verification emails, telephone calls and/or cancellation. Additionally, orders that are shipped to an address other than the authorized billing address are subject to shipping delays and verifications. In situations where Pack Rat Outdoor Center cannot confirm the validity of an order or we suspect fraud, the order will be cancelled.
(c) International Orders. We currently only ship within the United States.
Returns and Exchanges. Pack Rat Outdoor Center accepts returns and exchanges for new, unused products with their original packaging for 30 days after the initial purchase. Products must be clean, free of odors, and debris. Laundered items do not qualify for return. Returns will not be accepted for items on sale. All refunds must be given as the original purchase payment method. (Cash, credit card or gift card).You must obtain a Return Authorization before shipping your item back, or your exchange will not be accepted. To obtain a Return Authorization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org You are required to cover any shipping costs. All refunds are subject to inspection of the product upon receipt by Pack Rat Outdoor Center. Refunds will not be issued until it is determined the product meets the specifications above.
Archery & Bladed Tools. You must be at least 18 years old to order any archery equipment, including bows and arrows, as well as any knife, axe, hatchet, or other bladed tool. By placing an order for any of these age restricted items, you agree you are at least 18 years old. You shall be responsible to check all applicable federal, state, and local laws concerning the purchase, ownership, use, and possession of any Products sold to you on the Website. In the case of out-of-state orders, processing and shipment of your order is subject to local knife laws. Any order placed for an item that is not legal or own in your state will be cancelled and refunded.
Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Pack Rat Outdoor Center and their employees, managers, insurers, attorneys, successors, and assigns from and against all claims, demands, judgments, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, fees, expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, expert witness fees, and court costs, arising out of your (a) unauthorized use of the Website, Products, or Intellectual Property. Pack Rat Outdoor Center will not be held liable for the misuse of any product purchased from us.
Effective Date: January 12, 2021
1. Personal Information. When purchasing Products, you agree to provide the information requested on the Website completely and accurately. As part of the purchase process, Pack Rat asks you to provide your name, a method by which to contact you (such as a telephone number or email address), your location, your age, the Products you wish to purchase, your credit card or debit card information, and other information. Additionally Pack Rat may request identification when a credit card payment is made. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate information (“Personal Information”). Pack Rat may occasionally send informational emails, such as newsletters, to registered users. To opt out of these informational emails, please follow the “unsubscribe” directions in those emails.
3. Children’s Privacy. The Website and the Products are directed to people who are at least 18 years old. Pack Rat does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are aware that Pack Rat has collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 18, please alert Pack Rat at email@example.com and the information will be removed from our system as soon as reasonably possible. Pack Rat does not knowingly aggregate or provide Public Information about people under the age of 18.
You understand and agree that we monitor usage on the Website and the purchases of Products and that we may share your use of the Website and Services, including Personal Information, with law enforcement agencies and officials in response to inquiries or if we have reason to believe that your use of the Website and purchase of Products is for an unlawful purpose. We may also share your use of the Website and purchase of Products, including Personal Information, to third parties without your prior consent as required by law, a court order, a subpoena, legal process, governmental request, to investigate fraud, or as Pack Rat determines is necessary or advisable to protect its interests or your safety or the safety of others.
We may also provide your Personal Information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as hosting provider or analytics provider or for the purpose of processing your form of payment, such as a credit or debit card. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We will not be liable for their acts or omissions, and you shall hold us harmless for such acts or omissions.
If you have any questions about the ways in which Pack Rat protects your Personal Information, or if you wish to update or remove your Personal Information from Pack Rat’s database, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Security. The security of your Personal Information is important to Pack Rat. When you enter sensitive information such as a credit card number to purchase the Products, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Pack Rat follows generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Information you submit to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Posted Information. Your voluntary disclosures of Personal Information on the Internet can be collected and used by others. Pack Rat will not, however, include any personally identifiable information on our message boards unless you specifically voluntarily include it in the content of your posting, such as product reviews. To request removal of your Personal Information from product reviews, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, Pack Rat may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case Pack Rat will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
10. Notice. Except as expressly permitted herein, all other notices provided for herein shall be effected either by recognized international express courier, postage pre-paid, or by First Class United States Mail, postage pre-paid, to the address listed on the Website in our case, and to the address you listed in your registration page in your case. Notice shall be deemed received two days following tender to such courier and three days following posting by Mail.