WOMEN’S BACKPACKING CLINIC
Join us this Fall for our Women’s Backpacking Clinic!
Intended for those who are new to backpacking, this clinic is designed to teach you a variety of skills and techniques that you can take with you on your own future adventures. We believe that our women’s clinics create a welcoming environment where you can boost your self-confidence! Our trip leaders are all certified wilderness first responders, and experienced outdoor enthusiasts. Pack Rat can provide participants with most of the gear you will need at no extra cost. You will need to be comfortable hiking around 5 miles/day on uneven terrain carrying a pack with weight.
Come explore the beautiful Ozarks with us!
- Leave No Trace Ethics
- Water Filtration/Purification
- Backcountry Cooking
- Proper Gear/Clothing
- First Aid
- Bear Hang
- How to Pack Your Backpack
What You Need To Know:
- Meeting: Sunday, October 30th, 2022 1-5pm
- We will go over the gear list and some of the skills we will use on the trip.
- The meeting is mandatory to attend the overnight trip.
- Trip: Saturday, November 12th - Sunday, November 13th, 2022
- $75 fee
- Location: TBD (most likely somewhere on the Ozark Highlands Trail)
- Space is limited to 10 participants.
- Must be 18 or older to participate.